Clear all

Restore backup on running instance

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@maxxer)
Topic starter  

Hi.

As a consequence to the OVH burnover we had to install a new server. For our internal issues we couldn't recover Zextras backup immediately, so we now have a running server with only new mails, a backup for this server and a stored backup of the old one.

We would like to perform the External restore procedure, unfortunately the accounts already exists on the server... Can we still execute Phase1 for restoring account and domain properties?

Thanks

(@luca)

Hi maxxer.

I'm sorry you were involved in the OVH turnover.

you wrote ".. so we now have a running server with only new mails, a backup for this server and a stored backup of the old one" and "unfortunately the accounts already exists on the server".

If you mean that in the running server there isn't any account from the stored backup, yes, you can perform the External restore. Consider that domain's setting will be overwritten, as for the distribution lists, and new accounts will be added (existing accounts will be skipped)

You can run the provisioning only and migrate email only later using the "skip provisioning" flag.

For existing accounts you could use the "restoreOnNew" pointing the stored backup, but I suggest opening a ticket to have direct support from our TSE.

Consider also that if your issue is about storage space, you can also import only a set of accounts, define several secondary volumes and run doMoveBlobs using the custom policy to organize mailbox blobs over different volumes.

For any further information and support, feel free to open a ticket to our support service!

Luca

ReplyQuote
(@maxxer)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply @luca.

The new server has all the accounts existing in the backup already set up. I'd like to import their settings (filter, preferences...), and all the previous email. The emails shouldn't be an issue as that's the purpose of the external restore procedure, I want to know about the rest.

I'll open a ticket. thanks

ReplyQuote