Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Welcome to Install & Setup

16 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
(@mike82)
Topic starter  

Hi and welcome to the Install & Setup section of the forum. 

Here you can discuss about Zextras installation related topics. You can find interesting materials reading our tech articles.

Feel free also to to ask about new articles or topics.

(@mike82)
Topic starter  

Forum Rules

1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated !

2. The forum language is English only! 

3. Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.

4. Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.

5. Please refrain from posting images larger than 800x600. This is considerate to members with slow internet speeds, and keeps the forum looking tidy.

6. Using red text is forbidden. Only moderators and administrators may use this.

7. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff will not be tolerated.

8. Please be considerate in language you use on the forum, some of our members are younger than others. Swearing is not allowed.

9. No hacking, and illegal activity, such as torrents and illegal downloads, this will not be tolerated, and if appropriate, may be reported to local authority.

These easy to follow rules are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all.

If you have any question regarding the rules feel free to PM any staff member, Admin or Moderator. 

ReplyQuote
 Rony
(@rony)

Hi,

I encountered a lot of difficulties trying to install locally a Docs server to communicate with my ZImbra mail server.

It was working fine when both servers were physically on 2 different sites, but I had to move the Zimbra server on same premisces as the Docs server and communication between both on the same network or sub-networks could not work smoothly or it worked intermittently (on and off), at one second I could open a doc file from Zimbra then it would stop after 1 minute.

Both sides status were Online and connected but pages were freezing, then zmproxyctrl restart would stop Zimbra from working as it could not connect to Docs and I had to restart both to have some connection.

At first it was TCP ports issues but then I had to use firewall to open both 9980 and 8443 on docs which I am not sure was the reason.

Is there a detailed A-Z procedure about that specific installation, the instructions on zimbra.github.io are not covering such details.

Thank you

ReplyQuote
elderf
(@elderf)

Posted by: @rony

Hi,

I encountered a lot of difficulties trying to install locally a Docs server to communicate with my ZImbra mail server.

It was working fine when both servers were physically on 2 different sites, but I had to move the Zimbra server on same premisces as the Docs server and communication between both on the same network or sub-networks could not work smoothly or it worked intermittently (on and off), at one second I could open a doc file from Zimbra then it would stop after 1 minute.

Both sides status were Online and connected but pages were freezing, then zmproxyctrl restart would stop Zimbra from working as it could not connect to Docs and I had to restart both to have some connection.

At first it was TCP ports issues but then I had to use firewall to open both 9980 and 8443 on docs which I am not sure was the reason.

Is there a detailed A-Z procedure about that specific installation, the instructions on zimbra.github.io are not covering such details.

Thank you

I have exactly the same problem .. it is impossible to make the Zextras Docs node work, there should be a more detailed documentation where administrators can be explained how to solve this type of problem ..

My problem is basic .. it cannot authenticate LDAP from the zextras DOCS node to the Zimbra Server Mailbox

ReplyQuote
(@arman)
Admin

Hi,

Thank you

Hi Rony,

Please take a look at Zextras documentation about Docs, in which the installation procedure and the port that need to be open on the firewall are well explained.

If you couldn't find the information you needed, I strongly suggest contacting Zextras Technical Support. In that case, you can open a ticket providing all the basic information of the infrastructure, the problem you're facing, and a test account without admin privileges so they can run some tests and understand when the connections drop.

I hope this helps you.

This post was modified 3 years ago by stfr

ReplyQuote
 Rony
(@rony)

@arman, thank you very much, in fact I already know that documentation, it is certainly more useful than the one in Zimbra Admin manual but it did not help me more to solve my issues.

I dropped the Docs for now.

ReplyQuote
(@lacdan92)

Hi everyone!

I using  link:

https://download.zextras.com/zcs-9.0.0_OSE_RHEL8_latest-zextras.tgz 

Not found!

Can you help me with the new link?

Many thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@arman)
Admin

Posted by: @lacdan92

Hi everyone!

I using  link:

https://download.zextras.com/zcs-9.0.0_OSE_RHEL8_latest-zextras.tgz 

Not found!

Can you help me with the new link?

Many thanks!

Hi,

Are you using CenOS 8 or RHEL 8?

ReplyQuote
(@lacdan92)

@arman I am using RHEL 8

image.png

ReplyQuote
(@arman)
Admin

@arman I am using RHEL 8

image.png

Well, we didn't include this package in the latest update of Zimbra 9 OSE with p23 because of CentOS 8's EOL as both RHEL and CentOS used the same (the latest build available for RHEL8/CentOS8 was Zimbra 9 OSE p20). There are some internal discussions ongoing for RHEL 8 users; the result will be announced soon.

Do you have access to or have already installed the latest build for RHEL8/CentOS8 with p20?

ReplyQuote
(@lacdan92)

@arman Dear bro, 

Can you provide me the download link? Currently I can't find a link for RHEL 8. (Ootpa)

ReplyQuote
(@arman)
Admin

@arman Dear bro, 

Can you provide me the download link? Currently I can't find a link for RHEL 8. (Ootpa)

Yes, the build for RHEL 8 with p23 is currently under testing and will be released soon and can be requested as usual from the download page.

ReplyQuote
 Rony
(@rony)

HI,

when I go on any link in the documentation ( https://docs.zextras.com/zextras-suite-documentation/latest/docs.html)

I see this,

This is legacy documentation that is not updated anymore. For the most up to date version, please refer to our Documentation Hub

https://docs.zextras.com/index.html

But that link doesn't link any precise topic like the Docs or Drive, so where can I find the updated ones?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@arman)
Admin

HI,

when I go on any link in the documentation ( https://docs.zextras.com/zextras-suite-documentation/latest/docs.html)

I see this,

This is legacy documentation that is not updated anymore. For the most up to date version, please refer to our Documentation Hub

https://docs.zextras.com/index.html

But that link doesn't link any precise topic like the Docs or Drive, so where can I find the updated ones?

Thanks

Hi,

If you're referring to Docs and Drive components of Zextras Suite, select Zextras Suite for Zimbra, and you'll see the contents on the left pane, including entries for Docs and Drive. If you're talking about the equivalent components in Carbonio CE, the documentation is not complete yet as not all the components are released.

Rony and Rony reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dbryant)

Arman,

Hello. I noticed the links abot for the RHEL8 don't work and the download email includes 7, but not 8 download links.

Can you provide a location for the OSE 9.0 zibra for RHEL8 (Rocky Linux) link please.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2