In this article we will do an overview of what are the advantages in choosing Zimbra Open Source. We’re going to look at not only the benefits of Zimbra webmail, but we’re going to understand the advantages of choosing to add Zextras Suite and what benefits choosing Zimbra mail hosting can bring.
What is Zimbra
Companies have been shifting their attention towards collaboration suites. This is because they allow you to have in a single software email, contacts, calendar, document sharing, IM and Unified communication, all accessible from different types of platforms, PCs, Laptops, Tablets and Smartphones. To learn more about Zimbra, you can read the article: “ What is Zimbra? “
Zimbra webmail benefits
Now that we’ve seen what Zimbra is and the basic advantage of choosing a collaboration suite, let’s look at some of the benefits of Zimbra in detail:
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): Zimbra allows you to have reduced TCO compared to other similar solutions. You can choose from different solutions according to your needs.
- Deployment: Zimbra can be deployed On a single server, in a multi-server solution, or in a virtual environment. It also supports 2-tier deployments via Split Domain, where you can use Zimbra and other mail servers for one domain. Additionally, it can be deployed on premise or on cloud and meet the needs of 100 as well as 1 million users
- Complete Collaboration: Zimbra simplifies the concept of a complete email solution, including email, contacts, shared calendar, online document sharing, video calling, real-time chat collaboration, secure online drive storage, advanced search capabilities, end-to-end encryption, integration with anti-spam and email archiving, and much more, without the need to rely on external applications.
- Webmail Client: Zimbra webmail client let the users access Zimbra mailbox across devices (PC, tablet, notebook, smartphone) from anywhere in the world where an internet connection is active.
- Mobile Sync: Zimbra supports 100% mobile sync for Android, IPhone, and Blackberry, Windows and Symbian devices
- Administration: Zimbra provides a very simplified admin console to manage users, monitor mail server and configure custom policies.
- End User: From the end user perspective, Zimbra’s simple interface makes it extremely comfortable and easy to use.
Adding Zextras Suite to your Zimbra
If you want to get even more out of Zimbra Collaboration Open Source, the advice is to add Zextras Suite. The benefits are numerous. Below are some of them:
- You choose where to store your data and files: with integration with both object and blocks storages, either on premise, on private or public clouds, or hybrid.
- Continuous real-time backup and restore to preserve your data safely.
- Multiple authentication methods, such as SAML, 2FA, QR-code to secure your activity on the platform and on mobile apps.
- GDPR-compliant platform: Easy data portability and deletion, even from backup.
- Collaboration is made easy, efficient, and beautiful: Sync and asynchronous communications systems, such as group chats and videocalls also with external stakeholders. Personal Drive or shared folders for everyone to handle files natively inside the platform. Real-time, cooperative document editing to get the best from your team even while working remotely.
- Modern interface for Zimbra to let you experience your digital workspace at its best
- Native and free mobile apps
- Flexibility: Multi-tenancy platform letting you delegate administrative rights to how many users you need.
- Mobile & Outlook natively integration of E-mail, calendar, contacts and tasks
- Storage Optimization:you can save storage space thanks to compression, deduplication, and flexible multitier architecture.
If you are curious to discover these features and many more for yourself, you can download and try Zextras Suite
Zimbra Mail Hosting
To take advantage of all the benefits and features we’ve seen of Zimbra (and possibly Zextras), you can choose to leverage a Zimbra Mail Hosting. In this way, you will have the opportunity to have all Zimbra features available in a cloud space, being able to access them at any time from remote, mobile and PC, without having to worry about hardware and infrastructure management.
You can choose from one of the various business service providers available on this page.