WebUI problem - cannot upload attachment more 1024Kb

17 Posts
9 Users
1 Likes
(@nikaven)
Topic starter  

Hello

I Use Carbonio CE 23.12.0  
WebUI problem - cannot upload attachment more 1024Kb, if i use any imap client - all working good.

My setting for filesize
zimbraFileUploadMaxSize 40960000
zimbraMailContentMaxSize 40960000
zimbraFileUploadMaxSize 40960000
zimbraMailContentMaxSize 40960000

I think its NGINX restriction, "client_max_body_size" But I can't find where to change it

now zmproxyconf say client_max_body_size 0; 

Regards

(@anahuac)

Last time I had an issue like that is was the a user quota limitation. I added a bit more space to it and it worked.

Not sure it's your case, but give it a try.

ReplyQuote
(@cvidal)

Are you sure that the problem is the size? In the app server where you host the account, check the log file /opt/zextras/log/mailbox.log while you perform the upload. You may have a forbidden suffix (like ".exe"). Unfortunately there is no clue in the error message displayed in the UI, but "mailbox.log" can be more helpful.

Check also anything you have between the proxy and your PC. Is your server directly plugged to the Net or is there yet another proxy in between?

Regarding your hypothesis about "nginx", its configuration is sophisticated but easy to check. Everything is under /opt/zextras/conf/nginx. Under "templates" you have the templates used to generate the files under "include", that are the ones actually used by nginx. There is no limit in upload size (client_max_body_size=0). You can verify this with :

cd /opt/zextras/conf/nginx/include
grep client_max_body_size *

ReplyQuote
(@nikaven)
Topic starter  

@cvidal 

/opt/zextras/conf/nginx/includes, not /opt/zextras/conf/nginx/include

zextras@mail:~$ cd /opt/zextras/conf/nginx/includes/
zextras@mail:~/conf/nginx/includes$ grep client_max_body_size *
nginx.conf.web.admin: client_max_body_size 100M;
nginx.conf.web.admin.default: client_max_body_size 100M;
nginx.conf.web.carbonio.admin: client_max_body_size 100M;
nginx.conf.web.carbonio.admin.default: client_max_body_size 100M;
nginx.conf.web.https: client_max_body_size 100M;
nginx.conf.web.https.default: client_max_body_size 100M;

Its edited files, in original client_max_body_size 0;

And not, its not extension problem, text file without extension and size 1024Kb upload successful, 1025Kb - error uploading

ReplyQuote
(@nikaven)
Topic starter  

@anahuac 
IN QOS No quota (unlimited) for mail domain

ReplyQuote
(@nikaven)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @cvidal

Check also anything you have between the proxy and your PC. Is your server directly plugged to the Net or is there yet another proxy in between?

No, test in one network, 2 client PC, random browser (Chrome & Firefox) 

ReplyQuote
(@nikaven)
Topic starter  

YES!!! I find problem

This is not Carbonio, this is a limitation of my web proxy. (Internet or localnet <> WWW proxy (at this stage there was a limitation) <> carbonio)

ReplyQuote
 MAX
(@max)

I encountered a similar problem on two Carbonio CE 24.1.0 servers.

Problem when uploading files to Carbonio Files from the Carbonio Files web interface or mobile client for files larger than 1024kb. They upload, but have an apparent size of 1MB. They can be download, deleted, copied, forwarded to mail, but they are cut to 1MB in size. Everything works well with files smaller than 1024kb.

ReplyQuote
(@sambhit08)

Head over to the Voron Discord #Klipper channel, they have a sticky note on how to resolve this problem that is caused by a recent update you performed.

ReplyQuote
 MAX
(@max)

@sambhit08 Thanks! I can't watch on the channel you specified.

Please post information on this problem here, in this topic. This will help other users too.

anahuac reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kevd_47)

@nikaven Thanks for the information!

Can you write the steps to fix it? I have the same problem

ReplyQuote
(@kornel)

@sambhit08 I have a problem like @max. Please, post info here!

ReplyQuote
(@anahuac)

I can say this issue is happening in all updated Carbonio CE servers.

Looking closely into carboni-storages logs I found this:

[2024-03-15T17:30:24.328Z] [trace] {"busboyOptions":{"headers":{"host":"127.78.0.2:20002","content-type":"multipart/form-data; boundary=de28e129-385e-40d0-abf4-fceea3b622e6","content-length":"2912083","accept-encoding":"gzip","user-agent":"okhttp/3.14.9","x-forwarded-proto":"http","x-request-id":"c840b28a-336f-4213-9616-11d24ab9bf48"},"limits":{"parts":1000,"fileSize":1048576}}}

busboyOptions, limits":{"parts":1000,"fileSize":1048576

That's the interesting part... but I can't find anythig related to that in anyplace or Carbonio's conf file.

Any hints?

ReplyQuote
 puvi
(@puvi)

I am having weird issue,  when I copy the image and paste it in the email while sending to external email domains like gmail, hotmail etc.. has no images (Just blank space found) in the recipients mails. But at the same time who received the same email within same domains has clear images. Have any one of you encountered the similar issue?

ReplyQuote
(@raystinger)

@anahuac do u find the answer?? please i have same problem too

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2