Notifications
Clear all

Change date format?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@diito)
Topic starter  

The date format in Carbonio's web UI seems to default to DD/MM/YYYY. I'm in the US where the date format is MM/DD/YYYY.  Is there somewhere this can be changed?  It's not obvious if it exists.

(@dennismcentire)

This was pretty easy to change the code from DD/MM/YYYY to the U.S. Standard of MM/DD/YYYY

My web code was here:

/opt/zextras/web/iris/carbonio-mails-ui/a693a0c41d508ab6709b035aad073b4a171370fb
grep "DD/MM/YYYY" -l

You'll find about 3 files. Edit each one and search for YYYY and you'll hit one or two places in each file. Just swap the month and day around and save.

Refresh the web UI and the date format now shows "MM/DD/YYYY" to match the US standard.

Note there are probably other places to do this, so maybe a more general sed command applied to the other carbonio-* folders might be better, although I'd keep a backup of the files just in case something breaks.

ReplyQuote
(@azdave7042)

@dennismcentire Not finding any files, can you list them for us?

ReplyQuote
(@sharif)
Admin

Hi Guys,

While upgrading Carbonio CE to the next release, could remove the modification. But We appreciate your feedback and I agree with you all that having a feature in User Account Settings > Time Zone and Language  so that user can change the date format as per some most commonly use types like:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_date_formats_by_country

We will raise this topic to our developers.

Thanks,

Sharif

ReplyQuote