Zextras theme is a modern-looking theme for Zimbra compatible with Zimbra 8.6 and above. This theme:
- is extremely elegant, no other available themes get even close to it,
- does not change any classic UI element or functionality, so you don’t need to spend any time getting accustomed to it,
- provides more proportional buttons, better visibility, and readability for the users.
Zextras released the new version (version 1.01) of this theme. This theme will be updated regularly in the future.
If you purchase Zextras Suite 3.1.10 you’ll get the Zextras theme 1.01. However, it does not mean those who don’t own Zextras Suite cannot use the theme. Zextras theme is free and system administrators can easily install it on the Zimbra server to enable it for the users.
How to upgrade to Zextras theme 1.01
The upgrade process is almost the same as the installation which is explained thoroughly in How to Install Zextras Theme for Zimbra. The only difference is that instead of restarting mailmoxd you must invalidate the skin cache on all mailboxd servers.
If you are a system administrator who has already installed the theme separately but wants to upgrade to the new one, you only need to:
- Download the Zextras theme 1.01 package,
- Install it on your server,
- Invalidate the skin cache.
Here is how you do it in detail
1. On your Zimbra server download the Zextras theme 1.01 package by:
2. Extract the downloaded package by
tar xvf zextras-theme-ubuntu.tgz
tar xvf zextras-theme-centos.tgz
3. Go to the extracted directory
4. Execute the installation script
5. Invalidate the skin cache on all mailboxd servers
zmprov fc skin
Now your users can use the new Zextras theme from Preferences, under Appearance.
Hola amigo, muchas gracias por ese gran aporte, abusando de tus conocimientos, como puedo cambiar el logo de zimbra en el tema de zextras? gracias
Hello @Arthur, You can change the logo inside the webmail from global settings or domain settings > themes. You can find step by step instructions here. Otherwise, if you want to change the logo on the login page, you can configure the custom login page feature. Hope it helps.
Download the appropriate package for your distro from the Zextras Website. Copy the package to your server. Unpack it by running tar zxvf zextras-theme-*. ... Run as root: cd zextras-theme-installer && ./install.sh.
Thank you all for the detailed information. I was able to solve the problem thanks to your advice... Thanks again ! ;)
i've installed it successfully. i found installation instruction on a youtube channel