[Sticky] Welcome to Feedback section
Hi and welcome to Feedbacks for Zextras section of this forum. Here we are going to collect all of your feedbacks related to our products.
1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated !
2. The forum language is English only!
3. Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
4. Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
5. Please refrain from posting images larger than 800x600. This is considerate to members with slow internet speeds, and keeps the forum looking tidy.
6. Using red text is forbidden. Only moderators and administrators may use this.
7. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff will not be tolerated.
8. Please be considerate in language you use on the forum, some of our members are younger than others. Swearing is not allowed.
9. No hacking, and illegal activity, such as torrents and illegal downloads, this will not be tolerated, and if appropriate, may be reported to local authority.
These easy to follow rules are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all.
If you have any question regarding the rules feel free to PM any staff member, Admin or Moderator.
Hello dear friend,
We are old users of zimbra mail software. We are currently using Zimbra version 8.7.0_GA_1659. We decided to upgrade it to Zimbra 9.0.0_ZEXTRAS_20221203. That's what we did a few days ago, we downloaded and installed Zimbra 9 by Zextras on a single VM to try and test the new features of Zimbra. We would like to ask you a few questions. Is this version of Zimbra also open source and free to use even after the 30 day trial period is over. What are the new features and capabilities of Zimbra 9 compared to the earlier version Zimbra 8.7.0_GA_1659 that we are currently using in the company.
I will try to answer your questions one by one.
Is this version of Zimbra also open source and free to use
Yes, it is. As you might know, the current build of Zimbra 9 OSE is based solely on open-source codes provided by Zimbra, and there have been no alterations made to the software.
What are the new features and capabilities of Zimbra 9 compared to the earlier version Zimbra 8.7.0_GA_1659
Once more, as this build is based on Zimbra 9 OSE codes, any announcements made by Zimbra on their platforms remain valid such as https://blog.zimbra.com/2020/12/zimbra-9-gaining-traction-with-collaboration-integrations-with-slack-zoom-dropbox-and-more/
You may also find this thread helpful: https://community.zextras.com/forum/zimbra-ose-9-by-zextras/zimbra-9-0-or-zimbra-8-8-15/
I also suggest writing on this forum which boasts a large community of users who may be able to offer valuable assistance https://community.zextras.com/forum/zimbra-ose-9-by-zextras/
By any chance in future OSE will be moved to paid version and also want to know if any paid version developed/available. Thanks