Clear all

[Sticky] Welcome to Zimbra 9 Open Source build by Zextras

79 Posts
26 Users
45 Likes
13.4 K Views
 Alan
(@alan)

Hello everyone!I also have such a problem, I really hope that there will be a solution 😐 

ReplyQuote
(@john_doe)

Thanks to @matt I was finally able to solve this issue. Anyone who is also having issues upgrading to the p25 version of Zextras Zimbra please edit your "mailboxd_java_options" config.

You need to do the following steps as "Zimbra" user (sudo su zimbra):

1. execute

zmlocalconfig mailboxd_java_options
  2.  copy every thing after "=" - e.g.:
    mailboxd_java_options = -server -Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1.2,TLSv1.3 -Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.2,TLSv1.3 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl= -Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.disablejsr199=true -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=15 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=45 -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -verbose:gc -Xlog:gc*=info,safepoint=info:file=/opt/zimbra/log/gc.log:time:filecount=20,filesize=10m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

3. edit the configuration and add "--add-opens java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED" at the end.
    It should look like
    zmlocalconfig -e mailboxd_java_options="-server -Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1.2,TLSv1.3 -Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.2,TLSv1.3 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=${networkaddress_cache_ttl} -Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.disablejsr199=true -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=15 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=45 -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -verbose:gc -Xlog:gc*=info,safepoint=info:file=/opt/zimbra/log/gc.log:time:filecount=20,filesize=10m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true --add-opens java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED"

If you repeat step 1 you should see the --add-opens java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED
    If so then restart zmmailboxd and you should be good to go.

Mauro, jasgg_it, dominix and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Alan
(@alan)

I still have the error.I suspect that this is due to the ban on downloading java by Oracle in Russia.For this reason, java is not updated during zimbra update, which leads to errors

ReplyQuote
(@jasgg_it)

@john_doe THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

I was struggling to do the update of the P25, and was not working at all!!

But with your help, I was able to do it. So thank you!!

BTW, How did you find this solution? I was looking for some but with no success at all, I even started a new server install, and due to that and some issue adding the GPG Key for Zimbra repo, I found your reply and solution.

Regards.

JG

ReplyQuote
(@john_doe)

@jasgg_it I raised a ticket via the official support channel to exchange some log files with @matt .

He gave me the information to adept it and I shared the information via the regular forum to inform all other struggeling people.

dominix, jasgg_it, dominix and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jasgg_it)

@john_doe and we thank you for doing so.

Regards. JG

dominix and dominix reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mauro25987)

@john_doe 

thanks john and matt, I confirm that it worked for 9.0.0_ZEXTRAS_20220713.FOSS.

Firts upgrade from 20220209 to 20220713 with installer.
After the steps you indicate.

Regards

ReplyQuote
(@arman)
Admin

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce that Zimbra 9 OSE, built by Zextras, will continue to be available with updated patches for users to download.

However,

• Since providing these builds is time-consuming we cannot guarantee it for every new patch released by Zimbra and it will be limited to a few iterations of the most critical patches in 2023.
  • As previously stated, these builds are provided "AS IS" without guarantees or support. However, users can still share their thoughts and ask questions through this forum to seek help from other users. We would also be more than happy to provide assistance as much as possible.

You can expect the next build to be available in a few days. We will inform you upon release via this thread.

happy holidays.

Cheers!

This post was modified 1 year ago by Arman Khosravi

john_doe reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john_doe)

@arman Thanks for sharing this information and also continuing with the OSE project.

May I just ask if a deployment is necessary as from time to time I see some Zimbra updates coming via the regular `apt update` command which I install afterwards.

So far this works for me without any issues.

ReplyQuote
(@arman)
Admin

Posted by: @john_doe

@arman Thanks for sharing this information and also continuing with the OSE project.

May I just ask if a deployment is necessary as from time to time I see some Zimbra updates coming via the regular `apt update` command which I install afterwards.

So far this works for me without any issues.

Hi @john_doe,

These builds were initially supposed to be stand-alone and each one included all patches up to a specific patch version, so users needed to install them once for every new patch with no need for other updates until the new Zimbra patch was included in the build by Zextras. However, since some patches were skipped, some users tried to update these builds as you mentioned which sometimes encountered some issues. I'm happy that this wasn't your case thus far but I suggest waiting every time for new builds by Zextras or at least preparing some backups before proceeding with the updates.

ReplyQuote
(@arman)
Admin

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to inform you the new Zimbra 9.0.0 OSE built by Zextras based on patch 28 is now available for download.

Have a nice one!

This post was modified 1 year ago 3 times by Arman Khosravi

dominix reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john_doe)

@arman

Thanks Arman! I can confirm the update worked out of the box without an issue.

ReplyQuote
(@arukashi)

Thanks to Zextras Team!

Upgrade from p25 to p28 gone without any issue.

ReplyQuote
(@linuxcuba)

@arman The latest P32 patch has been released recently, https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/9.0.0/P32, It's been months since we have any extra zimbra 9.0.0 updates, since Christmas last P28, it's been More than 4 months, we are still waiting for these updates.

ReplyQuote
(@arman)
Admin

Posted by: @linuxcuba

@arman The latest P32 patch has been released recently, https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/9.0.0/P32, It's been months since we have any extra zimbra 9.0.0 updates, since Christmas last P28, it's been More than 4 months, we are still waiting for these updates.

Hi @linuxcuba,

A new build is currently in the works and will be ready for release within the next month. That will include the latest patch available at the time. However, this will be our final build for the year due to the aforementioned reasons detailed in this thread.

Best regards,

Arman

This post was modified 1 year ago by Arman Khosravi

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6